Thursday, January 15, 2009

NYC, Twilight, and a Really Weird Mannikin


Despite the fact that it's been at least two months since I last wrote a blog, many things have happened, and I've decided to forget whether or not I have something brilliant or clever to write and to just write something
The past month has been an incredibly busy one for my family, full of traveling all over the country.  There's been many beautiful and intriguing sights that we have passed, among them being the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, and a lady mannikin sitting in a tub in a bathroom that seems to stare at you when you are doing your business. This last phenomenon was found in a small diner in the highlands of Montana, and we all had a good laugh to discover that she screamed and talked if you pushed a button on the outside wall. I've often wondered who thought that up.
Right now we're getting ready for a trip to Florida, where we're playing on a cruise that's going to Grand Turk Island in the Bahamas. It will be the first trip I've ever taken out of the States, and the whole thing is very exciting. It's especially good to know that we'll be away from the ice and snow throughout the rest of January. Terrible month!

Among other things that have happened since I last wrote, my family and I have made a trip up to NYC for a gig. I must say that I was rather looking forward to seeing the place again, since I haven't been there since I was nine. But I was sorely disappointed when I found that the whole place was a stink pit of metal, noise, dirty advertisements, and rude people. Nashville seemed like the most quiet, country city that you could possibly dream of compared to it. I came to the conclusion while I was there that I would always highly prefer the country to the city, quiet to noise, and peace to bustle. I mean, who wouldn't? I really can't fathom who could possibly stand to live there. It's like Mama said, "Just imagine what this country would be like if NYC, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, and Sacramento weren't there?" I think I would like this country better if that were the case. 

Well, that's about all I have to say for right now. The creative writing wheels have begun to turn around in my brain once again, and there might be some poem or short story that I'll post in a little while; but we'll see how that goes. In closing I'll say that I am looking for ten girls my age who can honestly say that they think this new Twilight craze is the stupidest thing that's come around the pike for a long time. But we'll see how that goes too.

Gretchen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Know you posted this a while back, but...

I agree - I hate Twilight (I haven't seen it or read it, and don't want to!). And I'm 15.

Emily from FASA